The Change Room – Episode 3: Context
Today we’re unpacking the powerful distinction called context. Through the privilege of mentoring literally thousands of business owners, we see that it’s not the to do list that holds people back, it is the messy human emotion of feelings that holds people back from their true business and wealth potential.
By communicating context upfront, it will help to ensure our content is received in the manner it was intended and without human emotions getting in the way.
In this episode we’ll explore:
- Why is context so important in business, and in life.
- Context as the agreement before content is delivered.
- When you get this agreement, content is received and heard differently.
- Why we need to take responsibility to communicate the context upfront.
- Why you need to stick with things when it gets messy.
- How communicating context saves your business time, energy and money.
- The important questions you need to ask yourself – what context you are in and what do I want others to understand about the situation.
- Practical tips for communicating context in your work and life.
- When approaching a difficult situation stop and ask – what context caused this and what context will fix this.
The Change Room Podcast
with Suzy Jacobs
- The Change Room – Episode 1: Filters
- The Change Room – Episode 2: Feelings
- The Change Room – Episode 3: Context
- The Change Room – Episode 4: Not Good Enough
- The Change Room – Episode 5: I Am & I Do
- The Change Room – Episode 6: Response Ability
- The Change Room – Episode 7: Telling The Truth
- The Change Room – Episode 8: I Create the Whole of My Own Reality
- The Change Room – Episode 9: Be Do Have
- The Change Room – Episode 10: The Whole Whole Model
- The Change Room – Episode 11: Season One Wrap
- The Change Room – Episode 12: Welcome to Season Two