Change Is Constant
Change is the one constant in our human experience. The one thing we can count on is that things will keep changing. And with that comes the opportunity to get up-to-date with the value of change.
According to the late Ian Xel Lungold (of Mayan Calendar fame) the rate of major change/paradigm shifts in this past decade is 20x faster than in the previous 250 years! Think about that … 20x faster – which means that change (think technology), is occurring at an ever increasing rate. And chances are you have been feeling it and experiencing it and dealing with it in every facet of your life.
How you handle change and how you deal with it is up to you. And there are a few things worth remembering if you want to keep up without flipping out.
- Accept that change is constant and will keep occurring no matter what you do or don’t do.
- You can choose to resist, avoid, manage, protect and defend or you can choose to accept, embrace, allow and respond – your choice.
- Detach from outcomes and be focussed only on the end game and enjoy the process, the ride, the experience.
- Remember that only love is real and relationships are eternal. It’s just the form that changes and when the form changes, trust that it is perfect and that it will probably change again.
- Relax … it’s happening whether you like it or not so you may as well relax.
- Choose who you wish to be in relationship to change and let go.
True change is always made at the level of ‘being’ not ‘doing’